Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Galaxy Con in Richmond - The last comic con of 2020?

I would end February with my first traditional con of 2020, and possibly the last con of 2020 as the apocalypse went in full force not long after.

I was super excited for Ornella Muti (Princess Auro in Flash Gordon) and Brian Blessed (also Flash Gordon and Boss Nass in Star Wars Episode I). But sadly both canceled which was a HUGE punch. However the con still had people I wanted so I would still attend.

I also needed lots of autographs. Needed Scott Weinger and Linda Larkin on two Aladdin and Jasmin photos signed by Lea Salonga and Scott on a Full House Cast photo with multiple autographs. And needed Steve Whitmire on another 8x10 project. Sadly a lack of splits on most of my wants and the price of autographs would put a damper on all that. 

First up I get a photo op with Linda Larkin AKA Jasmin. Then I get the dual op with Clerks actors Jeff Anderson and Brian O'Halloran. Then Brett Cullen from Dark Knight Rises, Apollo 13, Thomas Wayne in Joker, among others. Then get voice actor Phillip Glasser AKA Fievel. 

On the wrestling side I get Kimber Lee. Wanted Caleb Konley but he never showed up at his table. Finally bit and got Cooper Andrews from Walking Dead and Shazam. Found someone to split the combo price with me (glad I didn't pay his prices at Chiller which were more expensive). Still needed Scott Weinger but he had left his table so I went to get the comic book names. 

First I go to Tom Grummett. First 5 items were free after that it is $1 per item. I had 6 items. Got the photo op. Got him on my three Death of Superman trade paperback books, 3 single Superman comics, plus 1 Robin comic. I asked him if I owed him money but he declined to take $1 and told us to move along. 

Then I go to Alex Saviuk who is most known for his work on Spiderman comics. Got a photo op. And finally Robbi Rodriguez who created Spider Gwen. 

Back to Scott Weinger and got the photo op with him. I then leave the con and get photo ops with confederate statues which were 10 minutes away from the con.

Scott Weinger

Linda Larkin

Full list of photo ops

Comics signed by Tom Grummett

Jefferson Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment