Monday, March 23, 2020

Kicking off 2020 with a rather unique con

As 2020 dawned, I attended a con called Magfest, which stands for music and gaming fest. It is a rather unique con cause it draws a TON of people at a huge hotel in Maryland called the Gaylord.

I went there for social reasons but also to get David Wise who composed music for the Donkey Kong Country series and Kevin Bayliss who created Diddy Kong plus characters from Battletoads, Killer Instinct, among others. 

Arrive at the con and meet up with a friend who shows me around this con as it was a totally new experience for me. I get photo ops with some old Arcade and pinball machines. 

First get was Harumi Fujita who composed music for many old CAPCOM games for arcade and NES. She was cool and I got the photo op.

Next up I go to the David Wise and Kevin Bayliss panel because only David was announced for the signing. So I wanted to get Kevin. As the panel ended they told us to get them at the signing as Kevin confirmed he would attend the signing. At the signing both were super nice as I get the dual shot plus autographs from David. Very laid back compared to the very stressful NYCC signings or book signings I'm used to.

As a bonus I also got voice actor Jim Foronda later on.

Harumi Fujita

David Wise and Kevin Bayliss

Jim Foronda

David Wise autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment