Monday, March 23, 2020

Final round of 2019 meets

To round off 2019, let's look at the final week I was combo hunting in 2019!

First off, at the train station for two members of Blondie. Debbie Harry herself and Chris Stein. Chris was a first time meet for me and did the photo op. Debbie I got a combo. Not sure if it's an upgrade since she has the glasses but in my older shot she looks drugged (though it's a valid shot). She also signed for me.

Later on that evening I had a flight for Linda Ronstadt. After that were two different flights at two different airports. Damon Wayans at the same airport as Linda. And Sally Field at another airport. My decision was easy since I have Sally and don't have Damon. 

First up, go for Linda. This is probably my second time going to the airport for someone with Parkinson (the first being Michael J Fox). I was the only one there, I spotted her on a wheelchair. She denied photo ops but said she would sign me an album. I managed to get her to sign two. 

Next up was the Damon flight. Sadly it would get canceled. So with that being out, I went to the other airport for Sally Field. She was nice and took photos and signed. 

Chris Stein

Debbie Harry

Linda Ronstadt being wheeled at the airport

Sally Field

Linda, Debbie, and Sally autographs


Next day was a flight for actress Debra Winger and Arliss Howard. Debra was the one at the weekend event and happened to have her husband with her (who is actually a good name as he was in Full Metal Jacket and Jurassic World).


Got them both. Arliss signed by Jurassic World laserdisc. This would be a really worthwhile score as he would not stop at the event. Debra signed photos for me. Also Michele Lee was on the same flight so I got an upgrade.

Next up was Pierce Brosnan. He was on the go but accommodating and I got a photo op update and multiple items including two Bond laserdiscs!

Arliss Howard

Debra Winger

Michele Lee

Pierce Brosnan

Brosnan autographs

Debra Winger autographs and signed Jurrasic World laserdisc


Now the event which would span 2 days. Unfortunately there would be many repeat names for me, but to be expected. 

Day 1

The day would have a miss. Carrie Underwood didn't do my side of the barrier. Others broke the rules and got her, but I didn't. Mainly because I have her. I could have used an upgrade and an autograph, but no big deal. In hindsight no one got in trouble for going to the other side.

Sesame Street folks would enter. Got Leslie Carrara Rudolph (Abby) to sign and take photos. One good score was David Rudman who is the current Cookie Monster but more importantly he worked with Jim Henson! I got him on Cookie Monster items and my Labyrinth blu ray. Leaving I got combos from Matt Vogel (Big Bird) and Ryan Dillon (Elmo). Peter Linz and Eric Jacobson (Bert and Ernie) didn't stop. Eric is a good name cause he also plays Miss Piggy but thankfully I have him. Peter stopped the next day.

I got my biggest want of the weekend, someone I failed to get in the past and someone who is not known to be the nicest, Joseph Gordon Levitt! I could not believe he stopped! Got the combo. 

Lucy Lui did send ins for autographs and even remembered my unsigned item when I presented it for her as she came down the railing when she was leaving. She took a picture with me but it is bad as she is looking at me. It's ok I have a great shot from NYC many years ago.

I got actress Maura Tierney whom I needed a better shot with (sadly she had shades).

Earth Wind and Fire came through. Upgraded my Ralph Johnson shot, got autographs from all 3, but sadly Philip Bailey declined photo ops (didn't need a Verne shot as I have a perfect shot with him). 

Other mostly repeat gets include Thomas Rhett, Lars Ulrich, John Legend, David Copperfield, Cynthia Erivo, among others.

Joseph Gordon Levitt

Full list of Day 1 photo ops


Day 2

Day is off to an ok start as I get Peter Linz (Ernie). Since he wanted to personalize I didn't get him to sign my items.

Steven Speilberg came and did nothing going in but signed leaving. I got autos on the Lincoln poster and Gremlins laserdisc. 


Later I would also get autos of Joseph Gordon on my poster and on red carpet I got Sally Field to sign it.

Tom Hanks did nothing going in or leaving.

Jonas Brothers stopped going out, since I have photo ops I concentrated on autographs but sadly only got 2 out of 3.

Throughout the day and night I wouldn't get anything great photo op wise. Got mostly repeats with Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood, Pierce Brosnan, Cedric the Entertainer, Ne-Yo, among others. In hindsight I wish I left after red carpet cause I got nothing good after that. 

I wanted the co founders of Sesame Street Joan Ganz Cooney and Lloyd Morrisett but both of them blanked.

Full list of Day 2 photo ops

Now to showcase autographs obtained the past two days

Amazing Spiderman 2 poster, Labyrinth blu ray, and Earth Wind and Fire vinyl

Signed 8x10s

More signed 8x10s

Sesame Street autographs

Even more signed 8x10s and John Legend Vanity Fair magazine

Germlins Laserdisc signed by Speilberg and Lincoln poster which got Speilberg, Levitt, and Sally Field added!

No comments:

Post a Comment