Friday, March 27, 2020

WWE and more - final round of pre apocalyptic meets

Singer Lauryn Hill was doing a 2 day concert. She was in Sister Act 2. I was not going to bother with her. But I heard that on the first day she came out in the lobby and greeted everyone waiting. With that information I decided to go the second day since that meet would be so effortless. And sure enough she came out and was nice as can be. Someone pointed out a DJ named Beverly Bon who also came out in the lobby. Apparently she is valid and has an entry on wikipedia. So I got a photo op.

Lauryn Hill

Beverly Bon


WWE had a show in town. Actually the last WWE show with an audience before the apocalyptic shutdown. I did two flights coming in, namely Kurt Angle and Edge. First up, Kurt. Was his usual friendly self. Got him on his entries on both the WWE_E V2 and WWE_E V3. I also got him on a magazine.

Next up, Edge. I would be joined by markedout board member CMShowstopper. Edge was friendly. I got an updated shot, a magazine, his single entry on the WWE_E V3, and his tag entry on the same book. He seemed happy to see his super fan and began chatting with him. I had to run back to the car as I didn't want it to go over the limit and get charged for parking. 

Now for out bounds. I would be joined by another wrestling combo hunter. I had flights for both members of AOP, Charly Caruso, and Edge. This airport has multiple terminals so I started with the terminal where I got many people in the past. As time passed it reached a point where we saw no one but should have seen someone. So we decide to leave this terminal and move to the one where AOP and Edge are flying out. There were also flights to Orlando from that terminal. This would be a great move cause we would get a slew of people. 

First I got Killian Dain (repeat) and Karl Anderson (repeat). Got Karl to sign the WWE_E V3. Then I got an upgrade with Buddy Murphy. Then Humberto Carrillo which was a fresh score. Next up Andrade and Charlotte Flair come through. Both were nice. I could not believe it this was the nicest I ever saw Andrade. I got an upgrade shot with him. Didn't need Charlotte. 

Angel Garza and Rhea Ripley come through. Angel is another fresh score for me. I got Rhea again. In my pic from Axxess she is making a face so this is a neutral faced shot. 

I got a repeats in R Truth, Ricochet, Liv Morgan, and Kevin Owens. Shayna Baszler signed but declined photo ops. It's ok as I got her at the Wrestlemania hotel in NYC. Edge comes through but I didn't need him. I just told him hello and he said hello back.

Strangely late for their flights are AOP. It was getting really close to their flight time. So I decided to give up and head to the terminal for Charly Caruso. By all reports AOP are not nice to begin with so this close to their flight time no way they would have stopped. As it turned out they didn't even show up. Ironic that for them I had flights and they didn't show, yet for Humberto Carrillo and Angel Garza I couldn't find their flights and I got them. 

Anyhow, now I am at the spot for Charly, someone who has eluded me. I never saw her in street settings and would never be at a convention she is at. So I was happy to have her flight. While there I saw Eric Young (repeat) and got a photo op. Both Kurt Angle and Drew McIntyre showed up at the previous terminal I was at (I needed neither). I also saw Erick Rowan waiting for his flight not far from Charly. But I had no need for him and he hasn't been the nicest lately. So I just let him be.

Charly's plane starts boarding and still no signs for her. Eric Young is one of the passengers of that plane. Finally I see her approaching (she was at a coffee shop). I stop her and ask for the photo op. Finally!

I go back to the previous terminal and see Drew running. He must have gone in the wrong terminal. Had no need for him so I didn't chase. After this we left and mooched a celebratory breakfast.

Full list of WWE photo ops

Signed WWE magazines


Next up, I have a flight for Rob Gronkowski. Since he has WWE links he was a name I needed. I go the airport seems they are sneaking him in. Since I didn't want to take any chances I change positions. I go to where I'm guaranteed to see him. He shows up with two handlers and I get the photo. I have to plead some more for the autograph and he said he would sign one. I then RUSH back to my car so I don't go over on parking. Made it with 2 or 3 minutes to spare and didnt pay. Thankfully.

I then join other combo hunters at the hotel in the hopes of seeing Terry Bradshaw. But eventually we all give up. The apocalypse would hit shortly after so Gronk may be my last combo of 2020.

Rob Gronkowski

Autograph




No comments:

Post a Comment