Monday, March 23, 2020

January movie and music meets

First up I would go to the airport for Martin Sheen. I have a shot but I needed his autograph on my Gettysburg laserdisc. He was cool as he did multi combos. I got 3 autos and didn't bother with the photo op as my shot is perfect. 

I initially got that laserdisc for the Jeff Daniels meet and greet and was hesitant to start that project as it involved getting people I already had. But I'm glad I did cause I put little to no effort to get the others. 

Besides Jeff and Martin, 

Tom Berenger would do a con I was already attending. 

Sam Elliott landed in the very same airport I got Martin Sheen at (the easiest place on Earth for me to get celebrities). 

Stephen Lang did an event in NYC when I was already there. 

So wow I got all FIVE autos on this laserdisc without going out of my way! I now consider it complete. Martin Sheen also told me something I didn't know, that Ted Turner is on the cover of that laserdisc.

The next day I would have two flights. Actress Amber Valletta and actor Juaqin Phoenix. Amber was super nice and signed and took photos. Juaqin as expected was not. He completely blanked and denied. He had a young guy with him and one pap yelled out "is that your fluffer" 

Went to another spot to try for actress Tiffany Haddish. I already have her but wanted an autograph and maybe a better photo op. Sadly she rushed in her car before I could react. 

Amber Valletta

Juaqin fail

Amber Valletta and Martin Sheen autographs


Next day at the event I wanted to try again for Juaqin and also get Maggie Gyllenhaal, who for the life of me I couldn't find a train or plane on. At the event I would then find out why. She was replaced by Susan Sarandon (who I have). While waiting I find out that actress June Diane Raphael was there. Thankfully I manage to get that so my time there wasn't a total waste. But was not able to Juaqin. Jane Fonda denied any autographs and photo ops but thankfully I have that. After the event was done I mooched some of the food and drinks they provided for attendees of the event. Juaqin also denied at the airport as he left town but I wasn't there.

Later that evening I entered a comedy club for actress and comedian Luenell from the movie Borat. I get a photo op.

June Diane Raphael

Luenell


Around mid January I got a flight on Martin Lawrence. I got him before but my photo op is pretty bad. I thought maybe I could improve it rather than pay $400 for his meet and greet. He arrived to an entourage of bodyguards and he did photo ops and did one per. The photo op is not great but better than what I had. 

Photo op

Autograph


Later that evening went to a show to get actor Michael Park from Stranger Things. Got him plus other barely valids.

Full list of evening photo ops


The last thing I did in January was a flight with 3 band members of Korn. In that flight was singer Jonathan Davis, bassist Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu, and guitarist James "Munky" Shaffer. Someone came up to us and told us that no one is going to sign. But of course we all ignored him. Jonathan sadly blanks but we get multi combos with the other two.

Fieldy

Munky

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment