Thursday, March 26, 2020

Last NYC endeavor of 2020?

After Galaxy Con I would decide to hit up NYC for the Dave Mathews book signing (where they said he would do over the table photos). Thank God I did because I would end up with good names and the apocalypse would hit in full force shortly after possibly making this the last of getting celebs in NYC for 2020. 

My first spot in the city is one with Blair Underwood, David Alan Grier, and Jerry O'Connell. From that I needed a first time shot with David and an upgrade with Blair. I heard David sneak's out. So I watched some other doors like a hawk but sadly never saw him. The venue has a front door that people can leave from so maybe he used that. I did however get Blair who was nice as can be. Never saw Jerry which was shocking since he's a nice guy but thankfully I have a great shot from before. 

Join some friends at the next spot where I get Ben McKenzie to sign me a photo, get an upgrade with Lauren Patten, and another shot with James Cromwell. Wait for Kathryn Gallagher but again never see her.

Go to a spot for Celine Dion. Sadly she garages out. Go to another spot to get two Asian actresses. First is Wai Ching Ho who played a human trafficking madam in Daredevil. Second is Emily Kuroda from Gilmore Girls. Both very happy to do photo ops. Back to the Celine Dion spot but to no avail as it seems she snuck back inside. 

Full list of Day 1 photo ops

Autograph


From then I stood in line for Dave Mathews. They were only giving out 200 wristbands so I didn't want to take chances. I stood and Vanessa the Jersey Shore Stalker and friend slept in my car then later we switched. Bought the book. After that went to a book event for Carrie Underwood. It was sold out. I tried to get in but couldn't. No big deal as I have a shot but wanted a better one. It was like 10 minutes from the Dave Mathews event so it was worth a shot.

Back to Barnes and Noble for Dave. Park the car and wait for the spot to be legal. While waiting I see Shane McMahon with his wife and son! I ask for a photo op and he was nice about it. Said to wait as he lets his wife and son in and that he would come back out.

Go to Barnes and Nobles and finally it is my turn. Get two books done which I sold. The handler takes a picture but he did it from so far that it wasn't good. So I just selfied the Dave table op myself. The crowd went wild (they literally did. I'm not kidding).

Go to a spot for Nicolas Cage. There were a handful waiting. There was also another event with Olaf Olafsson (Icelandic businessman responsible for the creation and launch of the original PlayStation) and some actors like Jennifer Grey, Clark Gregg, and others (sadly Grey would no show the event).

Wait a while and apparently Cage had been gone for like 10h+ art that point. The place also has multiple points of entry. At this point me and others decide to give up. I go to the Olaf event. Two combo hunters stay at the Cage spot. This is where I have the punch of punches and Cage eventually shows up! 

At the Olaf event I don't even see Olaf (for whom I had a Playstation to get signed). I upgrade my Clark Gregg shot, get Catherine Curtin, and Charlie Rose. This ended the day.

Shane McMahon

Dave Matthews

Full list of Day 2 photo ops


Now I was on a mission. Rectify my Cage blunder. I park about a 10 minute walk from the spot. Sleep. Wake up. Then go wait. About 30-40 minutes later two combo hunters I know are running up the street saying he exited and is walking down the street. Me and some paps chase. After a couple of blocks I see him walking with his girlfriend. I cross the street, I ask, and I score the money shot! My first A lister of 2020! 

I then head to the spot for Celine Dion. But before I could get there she left. However she only signed and did not do photos so I didn't miss much. Meet up with former markedout board member HeelOrton and friend. We wait at a spot to see if Tom Selleck would show up. But we elected to give up and do some "easy" show spots going in. First spot is for Thomas G Waite and Linda Purl from Happy Days. I have the former but need the latter. We wait and eventually see them both. Both were nice.

Next spot was for actor Dan Stephens (AKA The Beast) and Ewen Bremner (Black Hawk Down, Wonder Woman). Also there is up and coming actor Owen Campbell. I scored both Ewen and Owen but sadly failed on Dan who took photos but walked away when I was trying.

On exits I went to get actor Gideon Glick from Oceans 8. Got some barely valids plus Gideon. Tammy Blanchard was at the spot but never saw her. No big deal as I got her.

Walk to a spot with Daniel Craig to meet up with Vanessa and friend. Lots of people waiting. Daniel does a few autos no photos. At least I have him. While waiting there another combo hunter spots Kathryn Gallagher going into a car. Despite rain I go ask her for the photo and she was very nice. How ironic that waiting for her I could never get her, but I end up getting her by chance.

From there on we go to the Celine Dion spot. She arrives and sadly sneaks in. Go back to the Nicolas Cage spot but he sneaks out as well. This ended my time in NYC.

Nicolas Cage

Full list of Day 3 photo ops


Could not finish the drive home so I slept. Sadly this meant I would miss entries and exits for an event close to my house. Wasn't a big deal as the only fresh name I wanted was Keith Urban. But still would have been nice. I go to the event to do it leaving, but turns out most everyone including Keith left DURING the show! WTF? I get Garth Brooks again who shut down autographs and said he would only do photos. This is of course a rare care where I needed the autograph and had no need for the photo op. And I get Keb' Mo'. BUST.

Photo ops


No comments:

Post a Comment