Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Scattered meets throughout February

First up, I to the airport for Dan Reynolds, the lead singer of Imagine Dragons. It's rare I go for a modern music name like him, but I know a couple of their songs and the location was right. In the flight was his wife Aja Volkman. I printed photos to get both of them on the same shot. 

Dan was nice and I manage to get two done. But his wife denied all photo ops and claimed that this wasn't her in the photos I printed. It looked like her and it was her name on the reservation. 

Photo op

Autographs


Next up, Earl Young! Founding member, song writer, and drummer of The Trammps. They are best known for the song "burn baby burn...disco inferno". There are many barely valids in his band and we thought we may have seen them walking about but we didn't bother. We see him and wow for 80 he looks so good could easily pass for 60. He signs and takes photos no issue.

Photo op

Autographs


Around mid February I would go for Engelbert Humperdinck. I have a photo op so this was an autograph mission. I arrive and he shows up wearing a face mask. Thankfully I don't need the photo op. Had to pull teeth for two autographs.

Engelbert Humperdinck and his entourage

Autographs


The next day I would go to a spot to improve my shot with actor Cheyenne Jackson. Sadly I got stuck 20 minutes in a traffic jam due to a car accident. I then missed him by 2 minutes. I got a photo with actor Damon Gupton who I have. I then came back the next day and got Cheyenne plus another photo op with Megan Hilty.

Photo ops



A few days later I would go for a huge want of mine. Iron Maiden is probably my favorite band. Touring here in a band called the British Lions is founding member, lead guitarist and song writer of Iron Maiden Steve Harris! Wow I could not believe I had this opportunity! 

Try him before the show. While waiting I get some of the barely valids in the band. Then finally the man of the hour is mobbed but super nice. I got photos and autographs. He later goes to a restaurant where we wait and I get more autographs. 

Steve Harris

Autographs

Full list of photo ops


Next day in Baltimore is a series of flights with members of the band Loverboy. 4 out of 5 original members and there were 3 flights for 4 of the originals. I start with Matt Frenette who signed and didn't want to do photo ops but thankfully ends up taking the photo op.

Then it was off to Harrisburg for the front man of the punk rock band Fugazi, Ian MacKaye. Also there was Joe Lally another original band member. After the show we mooch into the venue and manage to get both.

Back to Baltimore for the other two flights. Get the 3 remaining original members of Loverboy. Paul Dean, Doug Johnson, and Mike Reno.

Full list of photo ops


Then an event with 3 actresses. Erin Whitehead, Lauren Lapkus, and Stephanie Allynne. Nothing big but it was something to do in passing. It was freezing cold but thankfully we were able to wait indoors. The event let out and got them all. Lauren is an upgrade from my NYC shot the others are fresh. Waited with other combo hunters for some rappers I had never heard of (namely Eric B and Rakim). They were at the same venue so I stayed just to hang out for a bit. But they blanked leaving the venue.

Full list of photo ops


And finally a day where I fail on 2 out of 3 targets. Wait for Post Malone to leave his hotel to his show and he completely blanks. Then I go for Donald Trump Jr. He blanks going in the event but leaving he stops. I failed on the autograph but got the photo op.

Then I go to a venue for singer Marty Stuart. He is doing a meet and greet after the show but has a sign on the table saying no photo ops. I try to plead my case but to no avail.

Photo op

No comments:

Post a Comment