Friday, January 24, 2020

Some scattered meets in October and November

As October came to a close I got flights on actresses Rosanna Arquette and Catherine Keener. Sadly I was not able to spot Catherine. I ended up getting Rosanna. 

Rosanna Arquette


Next up, around mid November had flights on members of the band Cheap Trick. All but the drummer is original. Had two members on one day and the singer the next day. First up was guitarist Rick Nielsen. Managed to get him but sadly he doesn't look at the camera for photos and in fact told me so when I tried for another shot. Also in the same flight was his son and barely valid drummer Daxx Nielsen. Next flight was bassist Tom Petersson who was friendly.

The next day I go for lead singer Robin Zander. While waiting I got two randoms who came out of the same hallway as he would come out. One is boxer Ray boom boom Mancini and the other is Bryan Cranston (who I have many times). Finally get Robin and he is cool.

Full list of 2 day airport photo ops

Cheap Trick autographs


The next day I went to a spot for actress Janeane Garofalo. Waited after her show. It was cold but got the combo no issue. 

Janeane Garofalo

Autograph


A few days later was an event with Jeff Bezos, James Corden, Kathy Bates, Earth Wind and Fire, Lin-Manuel Miranda, and more. Before the event I had a flight on actor David Strathairn. Sadly he flat out refuses photo ops saying he doesn't do those. I get his autograph on a Lincoln poster. 

Go to the event and it's basically worthless upon entries. I then go to the airport for film critic Leonard Maltin. Over a decade ago he was one of the driving forces in getting Disney to release all their cartoon shorts completely uncensored as part of the Disney Treasures line of DVDs. He was super nice and I got him on the certificates that come with those releases. Told him I wish they'd make those Treasures sets on blu ray he goes "so do I". Told him that he should get us Song of the South and his daughter goes "that will never happen". I told him at least there are some good "alternate" ways to get it and he goes "yes there are".

Back to the spot to try for exits. Not 5 minutes after I arrive I see Lin leave. Thankfully I have great photos with the guy and could concentrate on autographs. More graphers arrive. Security tries to tell us we have to leave but we yell back saying this is a sidewalk. Gayle King comes through. I didn't need anything from her but a friend needed an autograph. I tell him she's coming and openly and loudly tell him that security is trying to kick us out but we are saying it's a sidewalk so don't be afraid to ask. They even tried to physically push away our items but we screamed assault. Gayle was friendly and when they told her not to sign she goes "but they're standing here". I also got news anchor Bret Baier in that chaos.

I see both Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton come out but they blank. Never saw Jeff Bezos or Kathy Bates (at least I have the latter). Sela Ward apparently walked by us but I have her. I waited for Earth Wind and Fire but in all the chaos only managed to get Ralph Johnson and couldn't get the lead singer Philip Bailey. I also did not see James Corden who I wanted. 

Full list of photo ops

Signed Lincoln poster

Lin Manuel Miranda autographs

Leonard Maltin autographs


Next up, Michelle Obama doing a book signing at Politics and Prose. It was no photo ops. You had to buy the books one day then go to the event 2 days later. But the books are money. You got up to her, shook her hand, picked up pre signed books. I sold those books for some fuck money. It really  baffled me to see people line up in the cold for the satisfaction of meeting her for a few seconds. I understood why I was doing this but couldn't understand why so many camped out in the cold.

Photo from the signing

Signed books that I sold


Then a Sofia Loren flight close to my house! I have a photo op with her so this was primarily for autographs. It was pounding rain outside so the perfect time for indoor autographs. I go to the airport and see her. Get 2 things done. Her entourage stopped photo ops though. Sadly at an outdoor event a combo hunter got a photo op with Diane Lane. So this small victory came with a huge PUNCH. Could never have imagined that with all the rain outside, I guess hindsight is 20/20.

Sofia Loren autographs


Ended the month of November with a photo op with singer Jesse J at the airport who was very cool

Jessie J


No comments:

Post a Comment