Tuesday, November 28, 2023

It was an ORDINARY WORLD in RIO as I was HUNGRY LIKE A WOLF

I feel these guys deserve their own report. I went for the band Duran Duran, who sang hits such as Rio, Ordinary World, and Hungary Like a Wolf. All four current members are original/core member. Missing just one member (Andy Taylor) who is battling cancer. 

I go to the hotel and wait. I actually see the main guy, Simon Le Bon! From what I hear he retired from autographs so I ask for the op. Sadly it's not the best op as he is looking at me and not at the camera. Wait some more and I see Roger Taylor. He's nice as can be, takes the photo and signs. More combo hunters join. Thankfully Simon makes his return and this time I get a proper photo op. 

Wait even more, see John Taylor and he is nice as can be. Signs and does photos. At this point it's getting late and sadly we never see Nick Rhodes. So, the other combo hunters leave, and I'm getting ready to leave. But wait! I see a car pull up. I wait to see who comes out, turns out it's Simon and Nick! YES!! I was so close to calling it and Nick shows up! I get the photo op and he signs for me. Sadly he ruins one of my 8x10s by signing over another auto. Oh well I guess if he shows up he can ruin me an 8x10. 

Overall a success and I'm happy to get this legendary group who has such awesome hits under their belt.

Simon Le Bon take 1

Roger Taylor

Simon Le Bon take 2

John Taylor

Nick Rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment