Monday, November 27, 2023

September cons: Mid Atlantic Nostalgia and Baltimore Comic Con

For cons in September, I would do two cons in the same weekend. First off, Mid Atlantic Nostalgia show. Unfortunately my #1 want from this show canceled. Nicolas Hammond AKA Spiderman. With that gone I would still need the Bond girls and other names.

At this con I would get Sivi Aberg (60s Batman), Diane Baker (The Net, The Cable Guy), Ellen Bry (stunts in Reeves Superman, Deep Impact), Tara Buckman (The Cannonball Run), Kristina Wayborn (Octopussy), Lynn-Holly Johnson (For Your Eyes Only), Kathleen Beller (Godfather II), Mary Stavin (Octopussy, A View to Kill), and Inga Neilsen (60s Batman). I would end this con with a free op with Chris M Allport.

Full list of photo ops


Next day I go to Baltimore Comic Con where I would get lots of comic book names. I would have to run around a lot but I would manage to get most everything I wanted. My main goals were Louise Simonson (met her before but needed her on my Death of Superman book and Superman comics) and Jon Bogdanove who created the character Steel (fresh meet, need autos on my Death of Superman books, Superman comics). 

First up I get Louise Simonson to sign my Death of Superman books and Superman comics. Then get an updated shot with her and her husband Walt Simonson (Robocop vs Terminator comics). Then on to my main want, Jon Bogdanove. Signed my Death of Superman books and Superman comics plus the op! Success! 

Forgot to get Bob McLeod to sign my Superman comic at Steel City Con, so I rectified that here and got another op. Then got ops with Terry Kavanagh (Spiderman) and Howard Mackie (Ghost Rider). Had Ghost Rider comics for Howard but didn't want to pay. Then got an op with Jan Duursema who did work for Star Wars comics. She gave me a free signed flyer. 

Then get a photo with Mike Grell (Green Lantern) and go to my other top want for the day, Michael Dooney of TMNT fame. He did work on the comics and even did the artwork that was used for the first NES game. Signed a comic and NES cover printout for me and did the op.

Then got an op with Marc Hempel (The Sandman). Then Todd Dezago who also signed my Spiderman comic plus the op. Then got the op with Adam Hughes (Wonderman, Catwoman). Got cinematographer Mark Irwin (Robocop 2, Scary Movie 3, many others) and an upgrade  photo op with Brian Michael Bendis (Spiderman, Avangers).

Goeff Johns, who did work on DC comic books and produced some DC comic book movies, had an expensive $100 ticket that gave you 4 autos and a signed print. I befriended someone in line and he just let me hang with him and gave me 2 of his auto tickets. And I got the op. I told him I'd hold his spot for him to find an item to get signed in the con area. Even offered him the blank photo paper I got signed. He just wanted his 2 comics signed and nothing else. Offered him money and he wouldn't even accept money from me. 

Then go to Barry Kitson who signed my Superman comics plus the op. Got Arthur Adams (X-Men) and lastly got Mark Waid again. I got him before but he signs one free comic per person. So I got another Flash comic book signed.

Overall it went pretty smoothly. Daredevil artist Lee Weeks canceled. And I never managed to see Garth Ennis from The Boys. Money wise I paid Bob McLeod $10 to sign my comic book and paid $10 total for Barry Kitson to sign 4 comics. So I spent $20 total on this con. Eat your heart out inflation! 

Full list of photo ops

Death of Superman, added Jon Bogdanove and Louise Simonson

Misc Superman comics signed by Barry Kitson and others added Jon Bogdanove, and Louise Simonson

Spiderman signed by Todd Dezago, Flash signed by Mark Waid, TMNT signed by Michael Dooney

Geoff Johns autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment