Thursday, November 23, 2023

Kicking off August in New York City for a major tune!

When it comes to film composers, I seem to have done pretty well. I have the combo with John Williams. I have the combo with Danny Elfman. So it was fitting that I would try to complete this trifecta with Alan Silvestri, the composer of the iconic Back to the Future theme song. So I decided to go to NYC with the intent of doing just that. 

So I arrive in NYC, go to the spot. The venue has a front and a back. I hang at the front then check the back. I see 3 people waiting in the back. They are in the "special" realm. I then leave the back for the front. I missed Bob Gale but it's ok I have him. Come back 5 minutes later to the back, turns out I just missed Alan stopping by minutes! I made it to NYC on time but was one upped by literal retards. That is quite the PUNCH. So now I would have to wait for exits. 

While waiting there's a spot for singer Elle King. My previous experience with her, she wasn't nice or accommodating. So I wasn't too keen on waiting, and I told Vanessa the Jersey Shore stalker as much. I then get a call apparently Elle King wants to talk to me. I quickly rush there. Elle King is there with her mother and wants to know why I said she wasn't nice. So I explained to her what happened years ago where she did a couple of people on the railing and not much else. And she apologized. And I asked if we could do a photo now and she did a photo with me. 

Now it's time for exits at the main spot. I see Alan come out and fight my way through the crowd and score the money shot right there! Success! I also get him to sign my Who Framed Roger Rabbit laserdisc. While there I would get other photo ops. Randomly spotted is singer Jon Secada! Nice as can be. His daughter is performing that's why he was here. Also got director John Rando and some other barely valid actors. 

Go to the next spot where I get author Michael Klastorin. Actor Adam Godley is randomly spotted and I get him. Sadly it's just an update. Huey Lewis comes out. Get a combo with him (sadly just an update as well). Alan Silvestri and I get another combo, this time I have him sign the show program. Got John Rando to sign the show program as well. Bob Gale is still not being nice but thankfully no big deal.

I waited for Roger Bart to come out but sadly I never see him. Not sure if he was here or I couldn't spot him. Spoiler alert, I would make this up in the future. 

Next day I try a couple of spots and see nothing. Then I go to a spot for DJ Pauly D. And possibly more cast members of Jersey Shore were there. I wait and finally see Pauly D and get the photo op. I then give up on that spot and go to another spot. I see other combo hunters waiting but no celebs. Go to yet another spot where I hope to see Richard E Grant but his event was canceled and seems he left town. Adam Sandler is there with his daughter. I get an auto. No need to bother him for a photo op. I probably should have tried to get a photo with his daughter since she has been in movies with him. 

Then I go to a spot for actor Casey Cott. The audience from the show makes it a massive crowd but he stops for everyone. Try a last spot for actress Juliette Stevenson but she was replaced for the evening. What bad luck. This ended my time in NYC.

Elle King

Alan Silvestri

Autographs

Full list of photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment