Thursday, November 23, 2023

Scattered meets throughout July part 2

Let's start this is a WWE haul. Sadly it would be almost entirely repeats. My main goal was a flight with both members of Pretty Deadly whom I never met. I so wanted that dual shot. Then I get a huge PUNCH. Elton Prince got injured and was sent home early! So now it was just Kit Wilson on the flight. 

Go to the airport, and first up I get an op with Asuka. Then Charlotte Flair, Austin Theory who unfortunately wouldn't sign. Then I get Bianca Belair (my first photo with her in a while). Charlotte would criticize us at the airport saying "we do signings across the country". I of course did not argue with her, but the problem with her response, many names do not do signings. At least not while with WWE. You see the Jay Usos, Kevin Owens, and Charlotte Flairs of the world doing signings. But how often do you see WWE signings for names like Maxxine Dupre, Bronson Reed, or Veer Mahan? The answer is pretty much never. Tons of names don't do signings and the only way to get them is via "alternate" means or wait for them to get released so you can MAYBE pay money for them at a con. Sorry Charlotte, but my way is the smart and efficient way. I can go to the signings she speaks of and get 1 or 2 people. Or I can do it my way and get 10+ people. And that's not even bringing up the fact that the Fitterman signings cost an arm and a leg these days. 

Then to the flight that would have been Pretty Deadly. Wait and get Kit Wilson who is nice as can be and signed my 8x10s. Walk to another part of the airport for more flights. On the way to the second area Fandango is randomly spotted shopping for sun glasses. WTF? Apparently he happened to be connecting because he had an Impact taping in Detroit. Get a photo op and get him on the WWE_E V4. While we were getting ops there was an Indian girl working the store and she goes "what am I missing?" to which he replies "I used to be famous". 

Go to the second area and get a dual shot with Dominik Mysterio and Rhea Ripley. Doesn't quite make up for no Pretty Deadly shot but at least it's something cool and unique. Then Maxxine Dupri, Chad Gable doing a "shhhhh" pose, Otis (plus auto on WWE_E V4), and Finn Balor. A cunt photo bombed me and ruined my Balor op and even bragged "I photobombed you". I wanted to curse her out but being at the airport I didn't want to cause a scene. Also saw Matt Riddle sitting down wearing shades but had no need for another op. Gunther was due to fly out but didn't bother waiting for him since he shut it down at airports. Left the airport and mooched a nice breakfast. 

Bianca Belair

Kit Wilson

Fandango

Dominik Mysterio and Rhea Ripley

Chad Gable

Otis

Full list of photo ops

Autographs


WWE_E V4

Otis (Heavy Machinery)
Fandango 


Next up, a book signing for George Brown, the drummer and a founding member of Kool and the Gang. Went up to him was cool, signed and did ops. 

George Brown

Autographs


Next up, I wanted young up and coming actor Andrew Barth Feldman (No Hard Feelings). Wait for him and see him. Got the op, he signed but not for me. So I would have to come back for him. I also get Alex Boniello (Ghosts), Myles Frost, Terrence Johnson, and Sammi Cannold.

Then go to the airport for Stephan Jenkins of Third Eye Blind. I got him before but I wanted to upgrade my shot and get his autograph. He wasn't very friendly and we had to really talk him to do anything. But I did get the combo. Then on another flight I got other members of the band. None of the others are original but they have been in many albums.

Went back to the previous spot to try to get more actors and Andrew's auto but that didn't work out as they came back fast. But I did rush to the venue and get wheelchair bound actress Ali Stroker. She was very nice.

Full list of photo ops

Andrew Barth Feldman

Stephan Jenkins


Next day was a signing for Post Malone at Sound Garden in Baltimore. I admit I'm not a huge fan of his but he's a big name and could branch out to other things. And here was a signing that was practically free. So I figure better go for him than regret it in the future. Before the signing I went to get Andrew Barth Feldman to sign for me and was successful. Then it was off to the signing. Lined up and the line was huge. By the time I got to him he was doing autographs even though it was advertised as photo only. But afterwards they shut down autographs. He was nice as can be, got the photo op and 2 things signed. He marked out for the TMNT Ray Fillet photo I had for him.

Post Malone

Autographs


Next day I go back to the Andrew Barth Feldman spot for the last time and get some of the other actors I missed. I was in town and the timing was right.

Full list of photo ops


This day, I would have a flight for Andy Summers, guitarist of the Police. Go to the airport and he declines at first but then get him to sign and do photos. Success! 

Next spot is for basketball player Kevin Durant. He has some movie credits so I thought why not. While waiting I get tennis player Andy Murray. Kevin is sadly not accommodating and fail on that front as he leaves.

Then to an event for rapper Chino XL who has TV credits. While there get some barely valids and also rapper Nine. Get Chino XL as he arrives.

Andy Summers

Autographs

Full list of photo ops


And finally ended the month at the airport to get a Penn and Teller dual op. They were very nice and signed as well.

Penn and Teller

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment