Wednesday, November 29, 2023

New York City and surrounding areas in September

Day 1

After much decision making, I decided to start a multi-day trek in the NYC area with a Bernie Taupin signing at Books and Greetings in Jersey. He was the song writer for Elton John. The book signing was smooth but he didn't do extras. Got the photo op and signed book.

After this it was off to NYC. I hit up the "easy" NYC show spots. First spot is for actors Ron Canada (National Treasure, Ted 2) and Bryan Batt (Mad Men). Get Bryan first, then Marcia Cross who I have. Photo didn't turn out good and the second take she purposely looked away cause of the flash. But I didn't care since I have her already. Then get Ron. Everyone here was nice. 

For the second spot, my goal was Vanessa Bell Calloway (Coming to America) and Leslie Odom Jr. I get Kenny Leon, Vanessa Bell Calloway, Kara Young, and finally Leslie Odom who is doing mask shots. I wait till it clears out then ask him to remove the mask for the op. He agrees but I get a no good photobomber.

Go to my last spot for the night to see what can be had. I see Erin Moriarty with her dog but she does nothing. I already have her anyway. It's slow otherwise. I get actors Evan Mock, and Young Mazino, and I get an update with Lana (after I previously paid for her at a wrestling con, ughhhh).

Bernie Taupin

Vanessa Bell Calloway

Full list of Day 1 photo ops


Day 2

Wake up and go to a spot and get hockey player Henrik Lundqvist on my way to my first spot for the day. My first spot I try a spot for Carrie Underwood but she garages. 

Next spot I would get results. First actor Geoffrey Cantor (update) then Carrie Preston and Michael Emerson. Carrie has shades but I have no shades shots with her from before. Michael is a fresh name. Then I get Oscar Isaac (update), actress Michelle Hurd and her sister Adrienne Hurd (both fresh), Mike Doyle (fresh), Jaimie Alexander (shades, but agian I have her), and actress Jill Hennessy (fresh, Robocop 3). I missed actress Ellen Barkin but it's ok I have her already.

Then to the next spot to see what could be had. I see Erin Moriarty checking out. I get my third photo op with her. It's funny cause I hear how so many NYC combo hunters have trouble with her, yet this is my third shot without even trying. Wish I were so lucky with so many other names everyone but me seems to have. Then get more repeat shots, this time with Jessica Chastain and Jenna Bush Hager. 

Go to the "easy" show spots. First spot I get Peter Friedman. He was in some episodes of the Muppet Show, and in Single White Female, among other things. And I get Sydney Lemmon (Fear the Walking Dead). I then go for Melissa Etheridge but she doesn't stop. In the final spot I look for Roger Bart but don't see him. I get some barely valids. 

Full list of Day 2 photo ops


Day 3

Back to Jersey this time at Bookends for a Millie Bobby Brown book event. This went smoothly and was pre signed books plus a pro photo (which I'm not a fan of because they are low resolution uploads). It was a quick meet, but I got the upgrade/update over my old photo op. 

Back to NYC where I try for singer Owl City at a venue but sadly we never see him. I then try entry for Melissa Etheridge. I make it as she is pulling in but she doesn't do the photo with me but signs for others. I'm having a harder time getting this woman than I should. 

Next up I go to a spot for actress Melissa Barrera from Scream fame. Got into the venue and she is nice. I also got her sister Mayelah. 

Back to the "easy" show spot where I meet up with markedout's Greg2600 and we are waiting for Roger Bart. Finally see him and he is nice. Back to try for Owl City but again he is a ghost and we never see him.

Millie Bobby Brown

Melissa Barrera

Mayelah Barrera

Roger Bart


Day 4

Next day I sleep instead of attending a Millie Bobby Brown pop up event. That was a dumb move on my part because she did photo ops MUCH better than at Bookends and you could use your own camera.  PUNCH! Then I go for Melissa Etheridge again and this time she remembers me from the previous 2 times. She signs an 8x10 and I plead for the op she says "ok just because I'm in a good mood". Of course after I get her she starts doing ops most every night (spoiler alert I would go for an upgrade in the future). 

I go to the next spot for an event for the movie King of Knives. I look up the cast and there's a couple of decent names. But no indication on who will be at the event. I successfully mooch into the event to watch the q&a so now I knew who to look for. The only solid name was actress Mel Harris. Got the photo with her plus others. 

Wait for actor Philip Ettinger and get him as he enters. Then I get an upgrade with actor Dante Basco (Hook), a fresh photo with actor Paolo Montalban, and actress KC Concepcion. JK Simmons was due but I have him so I left to try an "easy" show spot (JK didn't even stop from what I heard). At this spot my main want is actress Nicole Ari Parker (Boogie Nights). It was a little bit of a struggle but I got her as she came out an she signed my program. I also got actor Jon Michael Hill (Elementary) who was super nice plus some barely valids. This ended my night.

Mel Harris

Dante Basco

Paolo Montalban

Nicole Ari Parker

Full list of Day 4 photo ops


Day 5

My final day I would try for actress Amy Ryan. Figured may as well do one last thing before leaving the city. I don't spot her entering but I get her on exits along with actor Mike Doyle (upgrade from a couple of days ago where he had shades). I also get actor Kevin Kreider. 

Kevin Kreider

Mike Doyle

Amy Ryan


Autographs obtained

No comments:

Post a Comment