Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Chiller Theater October 2014

I used to rarely go to Chiller. Once every two years or once every year at the most. But lately Chiller has been delivering good lineups, and this past October was no exception. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending how one looks at things, they have more people than can be afforded, so I had to use the S&M technique to go through Chiller. S&M of course meaning split and mooch. And this is exactly how I got through Chiller. Splitting and mooching photo ops. Let us begin this trek, which was joined by  and one other friend. 



Friday

Teri Garr: split a photo op

Cindy Williams: got a full combo from her but negotiated it for less than what it was. Got her to complete my Laverne and Shirley photo.  

Marion Ross: Figured I had two people from Happy Days (Cindy and Fonz) might as well get her. I split a photo op. 

Tony Orlando: Awesome guest in my opinion, known for hits like Candida, Knock Three Times, and Tie a Yellow Ribbon. Split a photo op. Half regret not getting an autograph. 

Joe Pantoliano: Since he was in some movies I've watched I split a photo op

Peter Kent: Arnold's double. Got a free photo op at his table! 

Traci Lords: Already had a photo op but she is wearing a police cap masking part of her head. So I split a photo op and hence upgraded. 

Tatum O Neal: Upgraded to no shades. Split that photo op. Figured for a split why not. 

Ashley Laurence: I keep missing her as she keeps cancelling out. Finally got her though her no flash rule sucks. Her handlers seemed to be begging people to pay for her. Saying things like "cmon just try". I got a photo via my phone and split that. It looked half decent on the phone as opposed to total garbage with a flashless camera. 

Louise Fletcher: Second billing on the classic "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". Got a photo op. 

Haruo Nakajima: The original Godzilla suit actor! His photo op was free with an autograph purchase. Got him to sign my criterion blu ray of the original 1954 Godzilla! He is old so very happy to have met him. 

Tsutomu Kitagawa: Another Godzilla suit actor. I mooched that photo op at this table. But failed to mooch the third Godzilla suit actor Kenpachiro Satsuma. 

Shinji Nishikawa: A Godzilla artist. Did free photo ops at his table. 

After Chiller ended, mooched more photo ops! Karyn Parsons from Fresh Prince, actress Jodi Lyn-O'Keefe, singer Debby Boone, Ralph Carter and Bern Nadette Stanis from Good Times, Peter Robins (Charlie Brown), Jason Simmons and Jeremy Jackson from Baywatch, Christopher Young, Jimmy McNichol, Kenpachiro Satsuma (Godzilla suit actor that I failed to mooch earlier), Janette Goldstein from Terminator 2, Ian Lloyd, and The Cowsills. 

For the Cowsills at first I was getting a photo ops with the two males then they actually called over the female to come in the photo op. How awesome was that? 

This ended Friday night at Chiller. Asian Dave arrive and offered us his room. While I appreciated the offer, there was no way I could sleep in the same room and Joresky due to his intense snoring. I rather get sound sleep in the car than not sleep in a room. As it turned out I slept like a baby. It was really good to get some nice sound sleep. 

Teri Garr (Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Mr Mom, among others)

Tony Orlando (Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree, Knock Three Times)

Karyn Parsons (Hilary Banks on Fresh Prince of Bel Air)

Louise Fletcher (One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest)


Original Godzilla suit actor, Haruo Nakajima (first ever 1954 Godzilla movie, King Kong vs Godzilla, among others)

Friday photo ops part 1

Friday photo ops part 2


Saturday

First off thanks to Joresky for mooching me a waffle from the hotel's breakfast buffet, and thanks to Asian Dave for mooching me bagels from the same buffet. Appreciated the food as I would have gone hungry all day rather than pay for overpriced food at Chiller. And I couldn't move my car to go somewhere as I would have lost my parking spot. 

Saturday meets start with Baywatch actors. 

David Chokachi: Split a photo op

Jeremy Jackson: Even though I mooched him the night before I didn't like my shot. So I got another

Corinne ClĂ©ry: French actress who was a bond girl. Split a photo op. 

Bess Motta: From the first Terminator movie. Split a photo op

Peter Robbins: He remembered us from the night before. I chose to get an autograph from him because Charlie Brown is so iconic and the photo he had was from the Christmas Special. He also did free photo ops. 

Debbie Gibson: Got a photo op

Rebel: Got a photo op

Hulk Hogan: Surprisingly, I had no ideal shot with him. I keep putting it off due to time and cost, but I thought to rectify this at Chiller since I had some time. Unfortunately there were two ways to get a photo op. Pay $100 for the full combo, or $80 for the pro op. I found someone who was in line who only wanted the autograph (which cost $70 by itself). He got the full combo and charged me $50. Then I split that in half with Joresky. Got a nice standing shot, red "Hulk Rules" shirt and red bandanna, crucifix in full view, and no shades! Can't ask for too much better when it comes to Hulk Hogan photo ops. Of course I had to plead for him to stand, which he did. Plus it's always awesome shaking Hulk Hogan's hands. I've met so many celebrities over the years but he's one of the few I can still feel star struck around. 

After this me and Joresky got free photos with artists Ed Repka and Squindo. Then I got a photo op with Cherie Curie from The Runaways. 

Just chatting with Asian Dave and Greg2600 from markedout they spotted Peter Greene from The Mask! I chased him down to the elevator and got a photo op. 

Later he was smoking outside, I called Joresky to get the shot and I ran to my car to get my Mask laserdisc signed! His wife goes "wow did you just randomly have that in the car?". Yes and no. I was planning to get Jim Carrey later that evening but it's also among the random things I keep in my car. 

The trek at Chiller ended with splitting a photo op with Joyce Randolph from the Honeymooners. 

It was a very fruitful con. Pricey as always but with improvisation it was able to be moved into the affordable realm. And it was good seeing everybody. 

Hulk Hogan

Peter Robbins (original voice actor who portrayed Charlie Brown)

lead vocalist of The Runaways, Cherie Currie (hello daddy, hello mom, I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch cherry bomb)

Peter Greene (Dorian Tyrell in The Mask)


Joyce Randolph (The Honeymooners) 

Saturday photo ops

Chiller autographs 

No comments:

Post a Comment