Sunday, November 16, 2014

I took a bite as I fell into the PIT

October is always my busiest month ever, with so many cons and so many meeting opportunities. 

One of those opportunities befell me in mid October. An event with Brad Pitt, Logan Lerman, Shia LaBeouf, Jon Bernthal, and a couple of others. So I figured I'd make this report before diving into NYCC week.

Unfortunately the stars didn't align for me at this particular event. I had an engagement I tried to get out of but couldn't. I probably could have tried harder, but I was discouraged because this venue has a garage. A garage that Angelina Jolie, Brad's wife, used in the past. 

However, my heart broke when I received word that Brad Pitt did multi combos! My reactions was this face 

Later I got word that the event is still going on, but that Brad Pitt left the event. Depressed but not deterred, I decided to try and salvage by rushing to the event and getting Logan Lerman AKA Percy Jackson himself and Shia LaBeouf. I figured if I got combos from these two it would not be a total loss. Upon arriving I wait with other graphers. Apparently no one really asked Logan or Shia for photo ops coming in, but one girl got a photo op with Logan. It was painful to see those Brad Pitt photo ops. Really painful. Especially since I had tried for him twice in the past but failed to get him photo op wise. 

Again, I thought to myself I could ease that pain with the other names. First name comes out, I rush to get a photo op. After I get the op I realize it's only Jon Bernthal. Not that he's a bad name but I've gotten him before. Next up I see both Logan and Shia smoking from a distance. Minutes later Logan comes and I tried asking him for a photo op. But WTF BRAD PITT is with him!  Everyone swore they saw him leave, but THERE HE WAS so he must have come back! Sadly my Brad photos were tucked away, and I couldn't risk going for them! I decided to sacrifice my Logan combo and shoot for glory. I tried to get the photo op as he was signing but failed. As Brad was going to his car I would of course follow!

Now a security guard literally grabbed my shirt to prevent me from going up to Pitt! I told him to let go and stop touching and he replied "I'm not touching you" which technically was actually true here. I asked him again he didn't let go. Then I try to physically remove his grip on me, but he wouldn't comply. With Brad Pitt in sight I had to think fast. And think fast I did. 
Since the guard refused to release me from his 110% illegal detainment of me (we were on a sidewalk), I reached out to bite his hand. As I approached to readily bite him with all my force, he let go as soon as my teeth touched his hand (and before I had a chance to fully apply force). I then quickly run to Brad Pitt and some woman is trying to get a photo with him. She spends, I kid you not, 3 minutes just trying to figure out her shitty phone camera. While this is happening I'm getting harassed by 2-3 guards saying I have to back off and I tell them all to calm down and point out that he's doing photo ops and he's waiting. As soon as that stupid woman finally gets the photo op I ask AND HE POSES! I get my selfie and thank him. 

There is no smilie that can accurately describe my reaction after this ordeal was over with. To showcase THIS reaction, I will use this YTMND


Wow, after failing to get him in the past, after I thought I wasn't getting him this evening, after I almost didn't get him when I saw him, I FUCKING GOT HIM! 


After I was so happy one random guy asked "so did you get it" I showed him the photo op he goes "oh good job" 

Then head of security comes up to me and has a polite conversation with me, saying I should calm down or my motives will be questioned, and I explained my side of things, he said he understood and was trying to advise me. I thanked him and we shook hands.  

While waiting for Shia and others to come out, the same security guard told me his name and I told him my name, and we shook hands again. 

Finally Shia comes out, and starts signing. I get an auto and I ask twice for a photo op and both times he tells me no. So that's a bust photo op wise. Didn't bother to follow as I didn't think it would lead to success. 

Michael Peña and director David Ayer are left inside. Michael Peña was in Tower Heist among other things, so I decided it was worth waiting for him. When he came out he was happy to take a photo op with me. Then finally David Ayer, and again nice as can be. He already has a good resume, but it's now about to get better. He is directing the Suicide Squad movie! 

As I was leaving, I told the security guard good night and we shook hands again. 

While I definitely should have done that event earlier as I would have gotten Pitt autographs and probably a Logan combo, I can't complain as I got the trophy of the evening, a Brad Pitt photo op (which technically completes my combo since I got him autograph wise in the past) and of course good bonuses in Shia auto, and Pena/Ayer photo ops. 

Brad Pitt

Full list of photo ops

Shia autograph




No comments:

Post a Comment