Friday, November 14, 2014

Some scattered meets throughout September

With October being my busiest hunting month, I've sadly been lagging on reports. But now that I have some down time I will try to pump a report per day. I will start with some scattered meets in September as a prelude to more major September treks. 

We will start with an event in early September where I planned to get someone I've failed to get a couple of times in the past: Patrick Duffy from Dallas and Step by Step. Linda Gray from Dallas and RJ Mitte from Breaking Bad were the other names at that event. 

So I arrive and play the waiting game. One grapher points out senator Patrick Leahy to me. He had a speaking roll in Dark Knight. 

This is him in the movie:



So I declared him worthy of a photo op and he was nice about it. RJ Mitte then shows up and does combos no problem. Finally we see Patrick and Linda, and I manage to get combos and an extra from each. Had to beg Patrick for that extra but he did it. 

After the sweeping success I mooched my way into the event and enjoyed some food. I got photo ops with some animators from Frozen while in the event. Also got a better shot with RJ Mitte. On exits I took someone's double shot with Patrick and Linda, but when he took my double shot it sadly came out blurry. Also got a photo op with a make up artist whose name I don't know. 

Patrick Duffy photo op

Full list of photo ops from that day

Full list of autographs from that day

Photo of the mooched food

Overall a successful day of free food and combos 



Next day I get an evening call about Bill Medley of the Righteous Brothers doing a show. They are probably best known for the Unchained Melody used in Ghost 



So I rushed to venue and saw that it was private property. We parked and decide to lay low and discussed strategies on where to wait. When it let out we mooched into the venue. Turns out he is doing a signing! Since I knew about this last minute I sadly had no albums to get signed. It was painful watching him rack on vinyl albums. I ended up buying his book and mooching some programs from the floor. When I got up to him he couldn't have been nicer. Stood for photo ops, signed, and I also got a photo with his daughter. 

WOW if only every meeting endeavor were that easy and stress free I'd actually enjoy them and do them more often It was such a wonderful feeling to walk out of there successful without having to wait for hours and be yelled at by security. But I guess if it were always that easy more people would have tons and tons of photo ops. 

One half of the Righteous Brothers, Bill Medley

His daughter

Autographs


Couple of days later I go try for someone I've failed on a couple of times in the past, Jerry Seinfeld! We arrive at the spot and play the waiting game. Going in he does nothing and says "on the way out". So we wait. Lots of security that I was expecting to try and bully me, but none did anything. Going out he is rushing to his car and I beg/plead him and he breaks down! I get my photo op, the other grapher gets his autograph, I then ask for an autograph he goes "I'M DONE" 

Didn't get a full combo, but success! 

Jerry Seinfeld


Next up I set out to meet an A lister, Reese Witherspoon! I arrive at the event and lots of reporters, fans, etc. Actor Corey Stoll and director Philippe Falardeau arrive and I get photo ops with them. I figured that it's probably what I'll begetting since Reese is not known to be nice. As she comes she is surrounded by security. I wait for her to leave, and she is leaving out the back. As she enters her car I ask for a photo op ONE ON ONE but sadly nothing. Failure. 

Photo ops


Towards the end of September is a flight for Stacy Dash from Clueless. Arrive at the spot and she is being rushed by airport personnel. WTF? Really? Stacy Dash? Despite that I manage to get a photo op and two autographs as the woman with her was threatening to call security on us. But we just ignored her and went for Stacy. After Stacy went to her car I told the woman she could call who she wants we're on public property. She replies "I understand" as she walks away. Definitely a success but much harder and much more rushed that I imagined this to be. 

Photo op

Autographs


Two days later 80s pop star Tiffany is doing an appearance at Rope Walk Tavern in Baltimore. 




We arrive and Tiffany shows up and has a meal. After her meal she does a meet and greet. VERY nice and friendly and does combos with everyone who wants. I got a photo op, my vinyl signed, the actual record signed, and a playboy. Again, a nice stress free situation. How refreshing. To boot, after the meet and greet I enjoyed a free concert. This concert was just how I like them. I was right next to the stage, AND it didn't cost money. After she was done I actually helped her off the stage, HCIT! 

I then went where Joresky was to try and meet actor Jon Lovitz, but sadly it was a total bust as the venue is IN the hotel. So he easily snuck out. At least I already got him before. 

Photo op

Autographs


A day after that back to the airport for Ansel Elgort who I failed to meet in NYC before. When he arrived he was nice as can be posing for all the teenage girls waiting for him, asking if everyone got one. I couldn't believe what I was seeing as I don't recall a celebrity ever being that accommodating. 

I had two things to get signed while someone else had like 15, he was signing the other guy's things yet he gave me a hard time for two things accusing of selling. My reaction was this face  After persuasion he did both my items though. 

Photo op

Autographs

Stay tuned for more September meets!

No comments:

Post a Comment