Monday, November 24, 2014

It was a MANIC MONDAY as I had SEX in the HEAT OF THE MOMENT

In early October before NYCC I had a few meets. Let us explore them. 

On the first day of October, 80s rock band Asia had a concert and actress Kim Cattrall was doing an event. My first stop was Kim Catrall (Police Academy, Big Trouble in Little China, Sex and the City, among others). I arrive and we are just two graphers. We wait but never see her. Unfortunately upon Twitter research I find out she went to the event early to do interviews. A bad start. So we have to wait till the event ends. 

While waiting I see Nancy Pelosi and try to get an upgrade but failed on that front. 

Then from a distance I see someone wearing the same dress I saw on twitter. I yell for her and jackpot! It's her! I manage to get a full combo and extra. Success. 

Photo op

Autographs

After this sweeping success I decide I'm going to try for Asia leaving. They are probably best known for this song



Three members of the band are original. And I had the first album on me. 

As I arrive there were other graphers and apparently they got everyone in the band earlier in the day, including the lead singer 

So now I had to try my luck leaving. First person to leave was lead singer John Wetton and current member Sam Coulson. Sadly they go right in the van. I rush to the next spot and John Wetton just goes to his hotelwhile Sam of course is happy to do photo ops. So far a big bust! 

Back to the venue, drummer Carl Palmer comes out and does nothing. We ask if he would do it at the art show he implied that we would get it there. 

Last person in the venue is keyboardist Geoff Downes. We wait and still nada. There's no security so I just mooch my way inside via the side door, and while inside I see Geoff and get a combo from him. When I exit one other person waiting says I'm a fool and idiot and deserve to get my ass beat for entering. I point out that I may be a fool and idiot, but I'm a fool and idiot that succeeded to get the combo. 

Now to the art show for Carl. We sit and listen to him talking about his art. There was one guy who bought a painting and was literally in tears as he got to meet Carl. Wow just wow I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Finally it ends and I manage to get a combo from him. 

Eventually after the art show both Geoff and Sam enter. So essentially I could have had the 3 I got right there and then. Damn 

Sadly, there are no signs of singer John Wetton. My only chance at him was to wait till morning until he leaves and hope to get him then. The prospect of spending the next 7-15 hours in the car to possibly not get him did not seem very enticing to me. So I decided to give up. 

Hindsight is 20/20 I could have gone for Asia early in the day then gotten Kim Catrall in the evening and gone home. Would have been the perfect storm as I would have had John

Or I could have gotten Kim Catrall as I did and just gone to the art show and had everything I ended up with when it was over. But sadly given how volatile and unpredictable this jobby (yes, jobby) actually is, you never really know the best itinerary until after the fact 





Autographs


Three days later me and decide to venture into Philladelphia to try for The Bangles. They are probably best known for songs like "Walk Like an Egyptian", "Manic Monday", and "Eternal Flame".


We arrive at the venue and the setup is horrible. A front door, a back door, and a parking lot. We later found out that the parking lot is where everyone is going to exit. Singer Susanna Hoffs exits and does nothing for no one. 

Now our only hope lies in the other band members Debbi Peterson and Vicki Peterson. We wait and they finally come out. Thankfully they are as accommodating as one could be  They do multi combos with everyone waiting. I get the photo ops and my items signed by both. 

After this partial success, we go to Taco Bell then leave. Joresky loses his phone. We go back to Taco Bell and find it on the ground. It was nothing short of a miracle that when I left the place and when the next car parked in my spot, that no wheels ran over that phone. 







No comments:

Post a Comment