Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Post Chiller NYC meets

Note: If you haven't already please see my Chiller report. 

Saturday

After Chiller we all head to NYC. First spot we are trying for Brian Dennehy and Carol Burnett. While waiting we see Tracy Ullman come out, but I have a valid shot with her already. Brian comes out and does combos, I get a combo and an extra from him. Unfortunately Carol snuck out. 

Next up is a spot for Rose Byrne. I needed autographs from her. While waiting I get Mark Linn-Baker to sign a Perfect Strangers photo and he goes "oh look what you got". I get a photo op with actress Elizabeth Ashley and others. Unfortunately Rose Byrne snuck out as well! 

Next up a spot where I could upgrade my John Lithgow photo op. Played the waiting game and got the photo op.  

The last spot for the evening was a spot for Jim Carrey, Iggy Azalea, among others. For the most part the spot is slow photo op wise, though I do get a photo with Jennifer Westfeldt. Never had a solo shot with her. 

Jim Carrey arrives and shit hits the fan! He is crowded and you REALLY had to fight your way for an autograph. Luckily I had a photo op from before. He was remembering faces and making sure people get one per. Despite that I manage to plead for two! I got him on my Mask laserdisc that I got Peter Greene to sign earlier in the day, AND I get him on my WWE CS Andy Kaufman figure! One grapher even told me "how did you manage to get two"

On the way out Jim Carrey signs again, and I manage to get him on my Mr Popper's Penguins poster. Wow, THREE Jim Carrey autographs! That felt really good! 

Iggy was a no show. But at least I have a photo op with her. The other significant happening at this spot was John Corbett from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. He was barely posing but when he posed for me and my other crew member I quickly handed my camera to to take the shot, but he screwed it up as it came blurry

He was complaining about his shot, and while he may have cut off the top of the guy's head, he had a nice crisp shot (which he had gotten before attempting mine). So the Jim Carrey victory was sadly blemished with that punch in the face. 

John Lithgow 

John Corbett

Full list of photo ops for Saturday night

Signed 8x10s

Jim Carry signed poster and figure (as always it's hard to take a good shot of the autograph on the figure, but it looks fine in person)

Signed Mask laserdisc, two autographs in one day! 


Sunday


This day starts with a spot for Rupert Grint. I see him and they rush him in. Unfortunately they are being real  at that spot, saying we can't stand and none of the actors will stop. They were essentially trying to kick us out of the sidewalk. We went down the street and waited, then saw actor F. Murray Abraham and I got a photo op with him. He also signed for others. While I failed in my main target, right there the statement "none of the cast will stop" was proven false and I did get a photo op I wanted. 

Next up a spot for actor Michael Sheen. We run into markedout.com member Boyardee. While the wait for this was a lot more than I would have wanted it to be, he finally came out and was nice as can be. Also got an upgrade shot with Sarah Silverman. 

The last spot for the evening was a star studded one. Some names included Robert DeNiro, Liam Neeson, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Sting and more. It was a mad house and when it let out shit REALLY hit the fan. Photo ops were impossible for the big names sadly it was impossible to know in advance that all these people would be here so I had nothing to get signed by anyone. I could have had autographs if I had stuff. Sting and Billy Joel did sign, and somebody got Springsteen by chasing him five blocks. He came back sweating and breathing heavily, but he was victorious. 

Despite that, I did manage to get some scores from this spot. Got Bill Pullman no cap upgrade and first time photo ops in Sarah Paulson and Fisher Stevens. 

Full list of Sunday photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment