Saturday, September 8, 2018

a space event, country legend, actors, and more

To start of June there was a space related event with some celebrities. But the day before I would hit up the airport. First up is a flight for singer Grace Potter. She was coming in for the space event. I was already out so I thought why not. She was nice.

Then head over to another airport for country legend John Prine. He was grumpy but I managed to get him. Next up is pop star and actress Hayley Kiyoko. Due to the delay in getting John Prine couldn't make her flight. So hit up the hotel, waited, and there she was.

Grace Potter

Hayley Kiyoko

John Prine


Next evening the space event. While waiting I see an actress/dancer from another show doing combo. No idea who she is, but I remember my Kate Upton blunder and grab a photo op. See will.i.am leaving from a distance, get an updated photo op and some autographs. He is super nice. Also get two band members of Coheed and Cambria including the lead singer.

I see my main want, actor John Cho about to get in his car. I run like the wind and beg for the op. Despite the handler trying to stop me, he poses and I grab the selfie as he gets into his car! In my NYC shot with him from a few years ago he is wearing hat and shades, so this is a much needed upgrade! The next day people tried for him at the same event and he wasn't even there.

Get Grace Potter again, and wait some more for my other big want, film composer Michael Giacchino (Rogue One, Jurassic World, and many others). He is nice as can be. Ended my time here with Nick Sagan, son of Carl Sagan. When I was in high school I remember watching Carl Sagan's cosmos documentaries in high school. I told him about my memories of his father which he liked.

John Cho

Michael Giacchino

Full list of photo ops

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment