Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Some scattered meets in July

Start July with the Happy Together tour. My main goal is Turtle members Howard Kaylan and Mark Volman and Three Dog Night member Chuck Negron. Sadly Howard is in bad shape and was replaced by Ron Dante of the Archies. But I could still go for Mark, try for Chuck, and get other names on the tour.

First up is Bill Cunningham (original bassist of the boxtops). Then Mark Lindsay (lead singer of Paul Revere & the Raiders) who actually came up to us and said "quickly". Then Jules Alexander (original member of The Association) who was super nice. Got an update with Ron Dante. Finally got Mark Volman of The Turtles which puts me on the board for the day. Got a solo shot with the female member of the Cowsills (I mooched a group shot at Chiller a few years back). 

Even though we were not on the venue's property they tried to tell us we couldn't wait here right now and we had to leave but that we could wait after the show. We begrudgingly complied but I thought to myself I'll be nice now but if after the show they tried to chase us out I would curse them out and raise hell. While this was happening Chuck Negron arrived and I tried to ask but he ignored. Left and went to a buffet.

Came back in the evening. Got a couple of barely valids and got Gary Puckett of Gary Puckett & The Union Gap. Then Jim Yester of The Association. 

Saw Chuck Negron but venue security and the driver tried to block us from him. Went to his hotel where it was just us and him but sadly he just waved at us. Overall not the most extravagant endeavor but I got one member of the Turtles plus valid members of other bands so overall it was fruitful.

Mark Volman

Full list of photo ops



 Next up was an even with a host of people but no one really good that I needed. I figured I'd go for autographs and get what I can. The only good fresh op I got is Otis Williams, the only original member of the Temptations that's still alive. John Stamos and Mike Love of the Beach Boys blanked. Luke Combs used the back and did nothing for no one.

The next evening I was in the neighborhood so I came back for returns just to see what I can get. Got updates with John Stamos and Chita Rivera. Luke Combos blanked.

John Stamos

Chita Rivera

Full list of photo ops



Rounded up July with Tom Bailey of the Thompson Twins (Hold Me Now). Got him after the show. Nice guy

Photo op

Autographs


And last but not least, John Cleese

No comments:

Post a Comment