Saturday, September 8, 2018

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD! Some scattered meets in June

In early June I decided to try for singers Paul Young and Midge Ure. To all our shock both came out after the show and did a meet and greet. They were super nice. A rare easy and stress free endeavor.

Paul Young

Midge Ure

Autographs



Couple of days later I go for a show with a bunch of actors. My main want is John Michael Higgins (Pitch Perfect, Yes Man, Bicentennial Man, among others). Arrive and everyone is super nice. Got him, Skylar Astin (upgrade), Becki Newton from Ugly Betty (fresh), Michael Urie (upgrade), and the hot but barely valid Betsy Wolfe (remembering my Kate Upton blunder).

John Michael Higgins

Full list of photo ops


Couple of days after that I acted on a tip from markedout's adelta for a Martin Lawrence flight. I figured this was basically my best chance to get him without paying $400 for the meet and greet. I arrive at the airport and wait. Then I see a black entourage and I see the back of somebody with a hood and shades. I figure that is him. I wait for them to move away from the crowd then I ask. One of his guards tries to stop me but he approves me coming over. I get the photo op.

Martin Lawrence



Around mid June I go to a small con called All Star Comic Con. Nothing too great to report, got my photo ops and was out.

Full list of photo ops


Next up was U2 that was sadly a bust. I tried them day one they all blanked. I tried them day 2 and Edge came over to my side. He wasn't taking photo ops but I manage to struggle and get a valid shot. Sadly due to his moving the shot is blurry. Then when he moves away from me he starts doing ops then goes to the other sides and does more and more ops! WTF? Bono does only handshakes with everyone and Adam Clayton does photo ops with all. BUST. Bono's handshake was particularly painful. Cause the celeb came over, acknowledged you, but basically gave you nothing. This is IMO worse than if they blanked! It's akin to seeing a loved one with dementia. They are living and breathing air, but they are basically dead and gone. It is more painful than if they were dead and buried. But I guess he who never fails on big names also never scores big names.

Horrid but valid Edge

Adam Clayton


Towards the end of June I do two separate airport meets. First up is singer Sarah McLachlan who is nice.

Sarah McLachlan


And the last day of June I did something I never imagined I would do. And that is KNEEL BEFORE ZOD! I'm talking about Terence Stamp who played General Zod in the Christopher Reeves Superman movies. When I was a child I used to wear out pan and scan pirated betamax tapes of the Reeves Superman movies. Today I have the valid widescreen versions in the form of a blu ray boxset. Sadly will never get Superman himself, but getting Zod, someone who due to his age I thought I'd never get, that was truly a special treat! 


Arrive at the airport and wait. Follow him to baggage, and he was super nice! Signed me some 8x10s and also a Superman II laserdisc already signed by Lois Lane and Zod's two minions.

Terence Stamp

Autogarphs


No comments:

Post a Comment