Sunday, September 16, 2018

Monstermania August report

After a punch filled NYC I finish my drive to Monstermania. I park, wash, and freshen up in preparation. I went Friday for two reasons 1) it logistically made sense 2) after the last show I wanted to avoid Saturday madness and 3) there was no one I needed that wasn't there on Friday. This is also a rare Monstermania where I would actually get an autograph. 

Start with Tommy Lee Wallace of Halloween fame then team with for one of my top wants from this con, director of Conan The Barbarian and writer of Dirty Harry, John Milius. Later in the day I tried explaining to him how the Australian blu ray of Conan has the orignial mono audio track whereas the US blu rays only offer the revisionist audio track, but it was hard for him to grasp.

Next up my other top want, Henry Thomas of ET fame. I add him to my ET poster which already has Drew Barrymore and Stephen Spielberg (in addition to the other 2 ET con names which I got in previous cons).

Now it was time for the IT kids which were the only real lines I had to deal with. First get Jackson Robert Scott AKA Georgie. Most child actors seem like an adult in a child's body but in the case of Jackson he behaved like a child. It's always a real treat getting child actors as children because this is how they looked like in their body of work. He is likely never going to do anything besides IT. So if a 20 year old Jackson is doing a con I would not care for the update. Of course if he does other stuff I'd want the update with older Jackson in which case you have both looks child and adult.

Then I get a photo op with Jack Dylan Grazer from IT which is an upgrade as he is wearing a beanie covering most of his head in my photo op.

Then get a fully suited and face painted Doyle Von Frankenstein which is pretty damn cool. Then Nancy Stephens of Halloween Fame. 

I run to the Justin Long pro op, my first Monstermania pro op since the time they had Kate Beckinsale and Val Kilmer.

Ended my time at Monstermania with Eugene Clark. Thought his suited op was cool. People were offering him crazy money for combos and he was spending lots of time talking to them. In vintage Virgil fashion, I set a price and offered money for just an op and he accepted it but gave me only a fraction of the face time he gave others (which suits me just fine).

Tommy Lee Wallace

John Milius

Henry Thomas

Jackson Robert Scott

Jack Dylan Grazer

Doyle Von Frankenstein

Nancy Stephens

Eugene Clark

Justin Long

Signed ET poster

No comments:

Post a Comment