Friday, September 7, 2018

New York City: The Festivity of the Televisions

Yes I know I'm behind on reports, but don't worry people, more reports coming. 

Festivity of the Televisions is a week I truly dread. Between this week and the aftermath I would actually break my record for car sleep. More details on that in the aftermath report. Not everyone is ID'd so would appreciate any IDs.


Day 1

First event is unrelated to festivities, and involves Tom Hulce of Animal House. He was nice as can be. On to the first spot for festivities which would be the only time frame I see I then check out a second spot and discover that it is a happening spot. I get lots of names there. Back to the previous spot, then called it a night. 

Full list of Day 1 photo ops


Day 2

This day I would try to juggle various things, with mixed success. Start off at a spot in the morning. Jamie Alexander would do a funny pose which would have upset me if I didn't have perfect shots with her from prior years.

Then I go to another non-festivity spot in lieu of my usual park spot. My main goal is Liam Neeson. Sadly I never see him. Not knowing if he will show up I bailed so I don't miss the array of names from the festivities and also a Deadpool 2 event. I would find out Liam did show up later and people did get him. But I still got lots of names. For instance I got good scores in Martin Mull and Vicki Lawrence. Then got many Deadpool 2 names at another spot.

Would go with  to try for Josh Brolin at a more low key spot. But sadly he ignored photo op requests.

Perhaps the biggest punch of the day was not going for Warren Beatty and finding out people got him (spoiler alert, I would make that up in the future).

Full list of Day 2 photo ops


Day 3

I would start with a morning non-festivity spot for Jamie Foxx. Greg spots Luke Wilson who I need which is awesome. Sadly Jamie only did a couple of ops with girls. Next up a spot where I would get some Rosanne names and a huge score in actor Freddie Highmore, among other names.

Then to a spot unrelated to festivities where I got huge scores in actress Carol Kane and singer Jimmy Buffett. Sadly in the chaos my Buffett shot is slightly blurry but it's both valid and passable. On to the final spot and call it a night.

Freddie Highmore

Carol Kane 

Jimmy Buffett

Full list of Day 3 photo ops


Day 4

This day is off to a horrible start as I am failing at a spot while Greg scored Rosanne at another spot. On the way to the next spot I spot the naked cowboy at Times Square and finally get a combo with him. Get some names at this spot then off to a chaotic spot where I score some decent names such as Jay Hernandez from suicide squad and Tyne Daly. Next up an amazingly low key spot for the festivities and score many names. Sadly I leave this spot a little early to get Neal Schon of Journey and that was an error because I never saw him and I missed a couple of names. After getting some more names at this spot called it a night.

Full list of Day 4 photo ops


Day 5

The final day of festivities and next to last day in NYC. Get a slew of names at a spot and while doing that who other than Benedict Cumberbatch did photo ops going into a spot a few blocks away! Wow I couldn't believe it. Then an evening spot where I get Madelaine Petsch who I always seem to miss.

At this point I am completely worn out of festivities and bail out to go to the "easy" spots. Get Amanda Lawrence from The Last Jedi who I missed in the past. Then to another place where I get both Bill Irwin upgrade and first time shot with Colm Meaney. I followed Colm across the street and he was stumped and wondered what I wanted then did the photo op.

Full list of Day 5 photo ops


Autographs (Deadpool poster signed by Morena Baccarin, Brianna Hildebrand, and Stefan Kapičić)

No comments:

Post a Comment