Tuesday, January 14, 2020

New York City September report

After attending Legends of the Ring (see con report) I would go to NYC for some meets. The first spot was for actor Treat Williams. Wait for him to come out and he was nice. Then I went for actor Tyrese Gibson. This was more effort than I anticipated as I didn't get him upstairs so I had to run downstairs and to my shock he was still hanging about. I got the photo there improving my shot from a decade ago. Next up would go to an "easy" show spot for Gordon Clapp and Brian Cox but it was over by the time I got there. I would try that again another day.

Treat Williams

Tyrese Gibson


Next day would start with an "easy" show spot for Jodi Long from Robocop 3. While there I get some barely valids and some repeats including Mark Blum, Mark Linn-Baker from Perfect strangers, among others. Funny story in the same spot was a show about the Beatles and someone thought I was one of the performers. Apparently I look like the actor who portrayed Paul McCartney in that show. Sadly while doing this I missed actress Rachel Zegler who was a random at another spot. 

More "easy" spots as I get Jonathan Pryce and Eileen Atkins at another spot. Also grab barely valids. Then off to the airport for a want of mine, Renee Zellweger. We wait and she comes out, but unfortunately has a cap that basically ruins the photo op. I got a full combo from her.

Jonathan Pryce

Renee Zellweger

Full list of day 2 photo ops

Autograph


This day would have an ok start but would be followed by epic failure. I would get first time photos with actresses Lauren Lapkus and Ava Michelle plus an update with Judith Light. After that I went to the airport for actor Boyd Holbrook but sadly never saw him. Then went to a spot for actress Renee Zellweger. Now comes the ultimate PUNCH. She was not there to begin with but at another spot (that I knew she would be at later on) only one person was waiting and she did a perfect photo op. I thought I had a better shot at the spot I waited but no. Shows how cruel combo hunting can be. Then tried for her leaving at that spot but she would have none of it. Wow just wow that hurt bad.



This day would start at a spot for Maria Shriver. Never saw her. But at a nearby spot I missed Sarah Michelle Gellar and Kiefer Sutherland. It's ok I have great shots with both. I got there to see who else would show up but sadly the best names I get are repeats. 

Then it was off to the Demi Moore book signing where it was no photos allowed. Thanks to some magic, I scored the photo op with a big want I've failed on in the past! 

Finally went to an "easy" spot and got Gordon Clapp (fresh), Brian Cox (upgrade), among others.



Autograph


The final day in NYC till I would return the next week for NYCC was a solid one followed by another PUNCH!

First off I would wait at a spot for randoms and to wait for Renee Zellweger. I get Walter Goggins (repeat). Then I get another name. Didn't know who he was at first but turns out he's Stephan Jenkins, the lead singer of Third Eye Blind! Wow solid name I was happy with. Renee sadly does nothing. 

Off to another spot where I see Diane Keaton who does nothing. It's ok I have her. I get a great score in actress Eiza Gonzalez plus a couple of others.

Go to a spot for Harrison Ford where I was helping someone with autographs. But he blanks. There was one more spot for Renee where she blanked going in. Figuring she was done stopping I decided to leave the city, and that was my PUNCH because she stopped leaving.


No comments:

Post a Comment