Thursday, January 23, 2020

Swinging 3 cons in 3 states, plus post cons NYC meets

With Chono announced at Icons of Wrestling AKA RF Con in Philly I had to go there. Very few wrestling names of Chono's caliber that are left for me to meet, as most everybody I either met or are dead. Additionally, I have an nWo magazine with most every living wrestler featured on that magazine except for him.

Arrive there and throughout the con it was good to see IVP Chris, Tiscione, Scorpion Faced Tony, K&S Kenny and Steve, among others. Get my Chono combo, get an upgrade with Doug Gilbert as he has shades in my old shot, and Jordynne Grace and Crazzy Steve both of Impact Wrestling fame.

Masahiro Chono


Full list of Icons of Wrestling photos


Autograph


Next up I go to Sopranos Con in Secaucus, NJ. My main wants were Annabella Sciorra and Tony Sirico. By the time I got there Tony had bailed on the con. And Annabella was never even there to begin with. Even tried asking staff about her but no one knew anything. I had a handful of secondary wants besides those two, but the prices and lack of splits put a damper on that. So I picked one name from that list and got that name so my time here isn't a complete waste. Namely Kathrine Narducci of Bronx Tale fame.

Kathrine Narducci


Drove to Queens to Winter Con. They had a Farscape reunion. Sadly the prices and lack of splits put a damper on those as well. Though I would have surely gotten Virginia Hey if she did not cancel. Tom Skerritt was there and I could have used an upgrade. But he had a  beard and was pro op only. So I scratched that off the list. I only got Laurette Spang of Battlestar Galactica fame.


Laurette Spang


After having swung 3 cons in 3 states within a span of 12 hours, it was off to the streets of NYC. The first spot is one for Daniel Craig. I have him but he has a mustache in my shot plus Last Jedi director Rian Johnson whom I never met was also slated to be there. It's a mob scene as Daniel arrives and does one photo op and signs. Then Rian comes and I score that photo op. 

Believing that Daniel wouldn't stop on the way out (he didn't) I would go to the "easy" show spots. First spot was for Enrico Colantoni of Galaxy Quest fame but it looked like the spot was done. It's ok I would try again the next day. Next up I go to the spot for Susan Blommaert whom I missed before. It was the last day of the show and this time I knew what I was looking for. I wait and never see her. Then I mooch inside the venue and seems there is some sort of cast party. I sneak in there and see her. I ask for the photo and she is nice as can be.

Then I go to a spot where Ed Harris is. I have him but wanted a shot with actress Rosalyn Coleman and a better shot with Nick Robinson. Ed wanted no part of photos (it's ok as again I have him). Never saw Rosalyn as she either slipped by or left before I arrived. Finally saw Nick and got the photo op. I also got actress Eliza Scanlen and other barely valids.

Next up was a spot to get the information for the next spot. Will Ferrell was the host and two huge names I needed were present. Namely Roger Waters of Pink Floyd fame and Ryan Reynolds. I had zero expectations for those names because it was raining, they are super hard, and I've failed on them in the past. Most notably Roger Waters who people constantly have autograph successes but I always fail at time and time again. So it's the breaking point and lo and behold Roger Waters walking to a car with security. A bunch of us run to the side he is on, he starts signing and I beg and plead that I have nothing to get signed and want the op. He goes "if you can take it". Not sure how but somehow, someway, I get a lucky valid shot as it didn't seem like he was trying to pose. Not the greatest shot but considering the stressful situation, the rain, and how many times I failed on him while he was on tour, I'm super happy with that. 

On to the next spot, Ryan Reynolds doesn't even show. To boot the rain didn't subside. See Common and Tiffany Haddish. I shake Common's hand telling him I have multiple ops with him. I try for Tiffany as she leaves but she denies. Try to get autographs from Will Ferrell as he leaves but he completely ignores (at least I have him). Despite the rain and long wait, this spot wasn't a waste as I got fresh photos with actress Rachel Dratch and actor Nicholas Braun.

Rian Johnson

Roger Waters

Full list of  day 1 NYC photos


Parked for free by Times Square and wake up in what would be my final day in NYC for 2019. I get a tip for actor Len Cariou at a show. Try for him going in but only see actor Craig Bierko. It's ok I would try later. Go to the next spot for Enrico Colantoni. First I get young actor Alexanger Griffin then get Enrico, both very nice.


Go back for Len and get him leaving. The venue has two sides so I am glad I picked the right now. Then go to a spot for Kathryn Gallagher but never see her. I only get a slew of barely valids in that show. Later I find out she was meeting somebody inside so if I waited more I may have seen her. 

My final stand would be an evening show for for Andrea Martin from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. But in a HUGE punch the Internet had the wrong running time and it was done by the time I got there. Finally left NYC after this.

Len Cariou

Full list of  day 2 NYC photos

No comments:

Post a Comment