Monday, January 20, 2020

Rhode Island Comic Con 2019 and NYC report

I didn't attend RICC in 2018, but with several good names in RICC 2019 I figured I couldn't miss it. The biggest one for me was Chevy Chase whom I missed a few years ago at a signing and also failed on him in the street.

I arrive in Providence friday night and get a photo with Patrick Renna from The Sandlot. Parked in the garage and slept. Woke up the next day and it was time for the con. I had splits for most of what I got, but sadly had to skip a lot due to the lack of splits. 

I got The Office actors that were there, Dana Barron of National Lampoon fame, some Stranger Things names, and of course the three Family Matters names that were there! I got a free photo op with the barely valid Lucia Oskerova who was with her husband Anthony Michael Hall. I upgraded my shot with Michael O'Keefe because he has facial hair in my photo op. I was also commissioned by someone to get 4 things signed by Chevy Chase.

Finally it was time for Chevy Chase and I went through the smooth pro op line. 

Kellie Williams

Darius McCrary

Chevy Chase

Full list of RICC photos


From then on it was off to NYC. Went to my first and only spot for the evening where Kristen Stewart would be. Sadly she would blank going in and sneak out. Lead singer of Coldplay did no photos. I did however get Elizabeth Banks leaving upgrading my slightly blurry shot from years ago. Also got Lorne Michaels to sign for me. Beyond that spot was largely a waste.

Elizabeth Banks

Full list of NYC photos day 1



Next I start out the day with a spot for Raul Esparza. Try for him going in but don't see him. Mooch some food from the spot, go back to the car to nap a little bit, then back to the spot. Seems he doesn't come out the stage door but I got some of the barely valids and also an update with actress Ciara Renee. Went to the front and I see him coming out and score the photo op and autographs.

The final spot would be a spot for Katie Holmes. The event starts with names I have before namely Margo Martindale, Judith Light, Thomas Sadoski, and an upgrade with Jane Krakowski. Finally Katie shows up and by some miracle she stops and I get the photo op!

With that I decided to leave NYC on a high note.

Katie Holmes

Full list of NYC photos day 2

NYC autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment