Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Some Scattered Meets in September

September would start with Vint Cerf. Who is that you may ask? Only the very reason you are reading this right now! He is one of the founding fathers of the Internet having developed TCP/IP. 

Later that evening I would go for original members of UB40. I got singer Ali Campbell and drummer Astro.

Vint Cerf

Ali Campbell

Astro

Autographs


Next up, Candace Bushnell, the author of Sex and the City. Had no interest in the book but I snagged a photo op.

Candace Bushnell


Then a quick airport run for band members of Creedence Clearwater Revival, Doug Clifford and Stu Cook. The tour manager of Doug tried to say they were late and I said the flight doesn't leave for another 2h and he replies "hey!".

Doug Clifford

Stu Cook


And finally I wanted the band Berlin, known for their hit "Take My Breath Away". Besides the lead singer Terri Nunn the only other band member to get was John Crawford. The rest are barely valid. Also there was the band OMD. Three original members and one barely valid. It would start well for me as I got Terri Nunn, albeit with shades. She also signed. As the day went by I would get the barely valids, I would get John Crawford, and I would get all the OMD members. Sadly as I tried to get an upgrade with Terri as she exited she blanked despite my pleading.

Terri Nunn

Full list of photo ops

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment