Saturday, January 18, 2020

Pre Chiller Theater meets in New York City

Prior to the October Chiller, I would go to NYC for some meets. The first night I would go for the "easy" show spots. First spot my main want was actress Susan Blommaert from the original Pet Sematary and more recently John Wick 3. Sadly never see her and only get comedian Marga Gomez. The reason is she cut her her short for that show and I was looking for longer hair. It's ok, I would make that up in the future. 

Next stop my target is Haviland Morris from Sixteen Candles and Gremlins 2. Spot her and she is nice. While there I get an upgrade with actor Jay O Sanders and fresh shot with actress Maryann Plunkett.

Next up was a spot for Peter Dinklage. I know he hasn't been accommodating but there were other actors to get in the play such as Blake Jenner, Ritchie Coster, and Jasmine Cephas Jones. So it was a can't lose kind of spot. Arrive there and it breaks. Appears there is some sort of party in the venue. I mooch myself in, I walk into the bar, and there is Peter Dinklage in his 4'4 glory sitting at the bar drinking! I score a photo op and an autograph on my program. Big unexpected score of the day right there! And not only do I get the other actors, but Jonathan Groff randomly shows up and I get an upgrade. 

I waited for Peter to exit and perhaps score some autographs. He signed a couple but sadly I was not able to obtain one. Overall a successful evening.

Peter Dinklage

Full list of photo ops



Next day I would start at a spot for Michael Douglas. I have him but thought I'd try for a better shot and autographs. Failed on the photo op but I did get two autographs from him. So I can't complain too much. Eddie Murphy was in town but I have him already so I was able to direct my efforts to other things. I went to a signing for George RR Martin where he was promoting a graphic novel. The signing was no photos but one extra. Working my magic I score the fresh photo op. I sold my extra to another combo hunter. Outside I got a photo with Raya Golden the artist of the graphic novel. 


My final spot was for actor Stephen Lang. I got him before but I had a new priority project. Namely my Gattysburg laserdisc. I don't see the actors go in but I mooch my way into the event and after it is done score photo ops with Lang, photo ops with the actor actors, and get Lang on my laserdisc. Additionally, I consider this new photo op an upgrade. In my first shot he was completely clean shave. But he is more known with facial hair and I got the facial hair shot here.

After this I would go for a non combo related endeavor. My cousin who I hadn't seen in 22 years was visiting NYC. I drove to her hotel and met her and for the first time met her 13 year old daughter.

George RR Martin

Stephen Lang

Full list of photo ops

Michael Douglas autographs

Starport Book

Gattysburg laserdisc


The morning before Chiller I would try for actress Arden Myrin. Despite the crowd I got her. Stayed a little extra just to get an upgrade with Aaron Paul then it was off to Chiller. I got there early so I parked and slept in the car for a couple of hours just to recharge.
Arden Myrin

Aaron Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment